Thursday, August 16, 2012

Favorite Nude Lip Products

Let me start off by saying that it's taken me FOREVER to start this blog today! Why? Shark week of course! haha. Talk about addicting television. Anyway....

I decided to show you guys what my favorite nude lip products are. I have some high-end favorites and some low-end favorites. I'll post a link below the pictures in case any of you are interested in buying these products or just want to scope them out.


Here are the products as a whole, (with a fancy filter). If you'd like to know more about each specific product in detail, keep reading!




I'm going to start off with my all-time favorite lipstick. This is MAC- Creme D'Nude. It's a cremesheen finish, so it's a little on the sheer side. This allows you to wear it throughout the day without it looking like you have a heavy night time lipstick on.



Here is a swatch of CD'N. As you can see it has enough pigmentation to nude out your lips, but is very sheer at the same time. You can check out this lipstick here - MAC Cosmetics- Creme D'Nude.




This is Revlon- Soft Nude (070) and it's my second favorite nude shade. It's very similar to CD'N but has a bit of a thicker formula. Besides the fact that the lipstick is nice, the packaging is so cute. As you can see it has a quilted pattern.



Here is a swatch of SN and you can see the comparison between it and CD'N. Very similar. Both have more of a brown/peachy undertone. You can check out this lipstick here - Revlon - Soft Nude (070).



This lipstick is MAC- Viva Glam Gaga 2. It has an amplified finish, a.k.a. this lipstick is so pigmented that you have to be careful using it. If you swipe this lipstick on like any other lipstick, you could very possibly look sickly. I apply it by dabbing it onto my lips (not swiping) and gradually getting the color I desire.



Here is a swatch of VGG2. You can see that the color is much deeper than the first two swatches. They all have brown/peachy undertones. Unfortunately, this specific Viva Glam lipstick isn't sold at MAC anymore. They are no longer selling the Gaga version. They have the new Viva Glams for sale, which is Nicki Minaj/Ricky Martin's version. If this is a shade that you are extremely interested in, I'm sure you can find the shade on eBay.

I will still post a link to MAC's Viva Glam lip products because each product sold helps a great cause. "Every cent of the selling price of VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass is donated to the M·A·C AIDS Fund to support men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS."
Here is the link to check it out - MAC Cosmetics- Viva Glam.



This is my least-favorite nude (but it's still a favorite!) It's E.L.F.- Nicely Nude. It's my least favorite for 2 reasons. When I bought this shade offline, it was described as a lighter color than what I received, so right off the bat I was disappointed. It's also my least favorite because I tend to want to wear more of a peachy/brown nude and this definitely has pink undertones.



You can see here how much more pink NN is compared to the other swatches. You can check out this lipstick here - E.L.F. Cosmetics - Nicely Nude.



Onto the lip glosses! This is NARS- Sweet Dreams and it's my absolute favorite. My brother got this for me for my birthday. (he went into Sephora and bought me a $24 lip gloss, if that's not love I don't know what is.) As you can see it has a doe foot applicator which I love.



Here is a swatch of SD. It's perfectly pigmented with a pink undertone and fine gold shimmer. You can check out this lip gloss here - NARS Lip Gloss- Sweet Dreams.



This is Beauty Rush - Slice of Heaven by Victoria's Secret. This gloss is on she sheer side but has beautiful pink/gold shimmers.



This is my go-to nude gloss if I don't want such a pigmented shimmer. You can see how much more sheer it is compared to SD. You can check out this lip gloss here - Beauty Rush - Slice of Heaven.



Last, but certainly not least, my lip underwear a.k.a. lip liner. This is Maybelline - Toast (25). A lot of people are nervous of lip liner because they don't want that ridiculous Pamela Anderson look. What a lot of people don't know is how beneficial lip liner is with your lip stick. Lip liner will give your lips a crisper line, along with longer wear of your lipstick.



Here is a swatch of Toast (T) and it looks a little harsh but I pressed down pretty hard to make sure that the color would show. Not only do I use this underneath my nude lipsticks but sometimes I wear it on its own. It has a beautiful color and its mattifying. So if you're looking for a matte colored lipstick and you can't find one, try looking for your color in a lip liner. It'll last long and it'll look great. You can check out this lip liner here - Maybelline Lip Liner- Toast 25.


I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I know it was long but I really wanted to go into detail for you guys. I hope that the swatches/info was beneficial. As always, feel free to leave any comments/questions below.



Aubrey

6 comments:

  1. Such a great post. I've always been hesitant on nudes but want them so bad at the same time. I love all the different options you gave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was hesitant on nudes too but now I can't stay away from them! I'm pretty pale so I thought that nudes would make me look sick (some do lol) but it's about finding the right shade for your skin tone!

      Delete
  2. I dont have a MAC product but the color is really really nice on your blog, i think I would like to try it. Is it costly? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're refering to MAC- Creme D'Nude I recommend it completely! It's a gorgeous nude without going over the top. MAC lipsticks usually run about $15 depending on where you live. That may seem a littleee expensive but they're great quality lip sticks.

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    I liked this post! I really appreciated the swatches and that you put them side by side!

    If you like MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2, a good dupe is NYX Circe. I swatched them together and they are really close.

    Thanks,
    R-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like! And thanks for the dupe! I'll have to check it out

      Delete